Copper Terminal Lead for Electronics Heat Sink-Surge Protector
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Metal Tech Company, Inc. manufactures copper terminal leads used as high temp heat sink-surge protectors for a customer in the electronics industry. Using a 60 ton capacity straight side press with automatic coil feeding, the 0.025” thick premium copper is processed employing a combination of progressive stamping, punching, and forming. These precision processes allow the company to achieve tolerances of ± 0.002". The completed part measurements are a length of 8.625” and a width of 1.750". The terminal lead is degreased to clean the surface of any unwanted particles, imparting a clear copper finish.
Customer requirements are for approximately 200,000 units to be manufactured and shipped worldwide each month. Meticulous protection measures are taken with packaging to prevent damage and degradation during shipping. The leads are wrapped with corrosion preventative paper and placed into a plastic bag which is sealed with an enclosed desiccant to prevent moisture damage. Then the bag is shipped in corrugated packaging. Metal Tech is a recognized high quality producer of custom fabricated metal parts using premium metals and maintaining repeatable results with high speed production methods. For more about this copper terminal lead project or the high volume metal production capabilities available from the company, please see the table below or contact Metal Tech directly.
Copper Terminal Lead Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Output Terminal Leads
- Product Description
- These output terminal leads are used as a high temp heat sink-surge protector.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Stamped, punched and formed
- Automatic coil feeding system
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 60 ton capacity straight side press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 8.625"
- Width: 1.750"
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.002"
- Material Used
- Thickness: 0.025"
- Material Finish
- Clear Copper (free of oil and grease)
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Continuous quality control inspections
- Industry for Use
- Corrosion preventative paper, desiccant, sealed plastic bags, corrugated
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D Drawing, CAD Capability