Brass Component for Postal Security Box Fabrication
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Metal Tech Company, Inc. manufacturers a variety of components for the United States Postal Service used in postal security box applications. Using an advanced progressive stamping process, 0.061” thick 260 brass alloy (containing copper and zinc) is stamped, punched, coined, formed and drawn with a 60 ton capacity straight side press featuring an automatic coil feeding system. This advanced system allows for tightest tolerances of ± 0.003” to be maintained throughout production. The product is made to exacting federal specifications and standards, which are assured using a continuous quality control inspection process. This project represents a high production continuous contract with over 100,000 units produced on a monthly basis.
Metal Tech provides high quality, precision stamped metal components made with premium materials. Advanced, automated high-speed equipment is utilized to obtain accurate and repeatable results. All products are manufactured on site to exacting standards of a proprietary product performance program. For more information about this postal box component project or any of the value added metal manufacturing capabilities available from the company, please see the table below or contact Metal Tech directly.
Postal Security Box Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Postal Security Boxes
- Product Description
- These components are used in a postal security box application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Stamped, punched, coined, formed and drawn
- Automatic coil feeding system
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 60 ton capacity straight side press
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.003"
- Material Used
- Brass – Copper Alloy 260
- Thickness: 0.061"
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Continuous quality control inspection
- Industry for Use
- Government Postal Service
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D Drawing, CAD Capability